If you are someone in dire need of a smart air purifier for a healthy, clean home and want to get rid of your allergies, you need to get your hands on Reme Halo Air Purifier. Why? In today’s fast-growing world, air pollution has become a significant concern, and the threat gets more real when our surroundings, especially our homes, become the target. But how do you trust this product? Put on your binoculars and go through this Reme Halo Air Purifier review. The reviews are where you get honest answers to all your queries.
So without any further adieu, let’s take a look at the features and benefits of having a Reme Halo Air Purifier.
My review on Reme Halo Air Purifier
I purchased my first Reme Halo Air Purifier a few days back after going through some customer reviews. I was reluctant yet desperate for a smart air purifier. So using a promo code, I got a reasonable price for my air purifier. The installation took around 20-25 minutes, thanks to an HVAC professional.
I have two puppies, and my partner has mold allergies. So within few days of installing Reme Halo, I could see drastic changes. There were no signs of my partner’s allergies acting up (like they never existed), my pets’ foul odor disappeared, and I could feel the difference in the air quality. My whole home never felt and smelt this clean.
The technology used is also recommendable as my old air purifier made a lot of noise, disturbing my sleep, but now, I have the best rest with this air purifier. Reme Halo is cost-friendly and worth every penny as nothing is more important than your health, and I would highly recommend you to get it. I have ordered the same air purifier again for my parents. I can’t wait to hear what they think about it.
Manual/How to use/Maintenance
Most of you might wonder that installing a Reme Halo must be a hard nut to crack. Well, you’re mistaken. Installing has become very convenient, and if you have handy hands, this segment is undoubtedly for you (although it is advisable to contact HVAC professionals for installation). Let’s get started!
- First, you need to dictate the mounting position for your air purifier (mainly near a power source). After cutting/drilling holes inside the duct, install the unit on a standing HVAC unit to prevent damages during installation.
- Position your unit halfway inside the air duct so that there is enough space for placing the mounting plate.
- Make a 3″ hole through your duct box, which is later to the fan (a utility knife can be a savior). Later, double-check that you are drilling through the ductwork and not the mechanical parts of the HVAC.
- Before fixing the mounting plate, make sure the surface of the duct is neat and dry. Peel the self-adhesive paper from the mounting plate’s back.
- Ensure that the mounting plate’s opening, which has the arrow indicator, goes towards the airflow direction of your HVAC unit. Then press the mounting plate firmly and seal it.
- Please ensure that air doesn’t leak, secure it with a foil sealing ring and press it again firmly for confirmation.
- Connect your unit to a power source with not more than 240 VAC and 40VA transformer. Utilize a secondary 24 VAC while installing numerous units.
- If you are using a subordinate transformer, be sure you do the installation by applying the local codes and using the wire chain provided with the proper voltage link. And that’s how you install your brand new Reme Halo air purifier.
Now we will discuss how to use/adjust your purifier
- The air purifier comes with a special feature where you can change the advanced oxidation process (AOP) output by an adaptable shroud that comes built-in with the unit’s cell.
- You can customize the air purifier according to your requirements by gliding the open and close option of the shroud’s aperture.
Steps to replace your old Reme Halo cell
It is evident that after good use, your Reme Halo cells may wear out. So here are few steps you can follow-
- Replacing your Reme Halo cell is easy. You need to remove the housing by moving it counterclockwise and dragging it out from the mounting plate.
- Then tightly clasp the lamp connector and gently rock it and remove it from the cell pins.
- You can now replace the new cell.
FAQs on Reme Halo Air Purifier
Here are some FAQs about Reme Halo. Let’s hop in!
Can you keep the unit running the whole time or cycle it along with the fan?
It is advisable to keep the unit running continuously at the same time, leaving the fan on. There is no problem in maintaining the cycle of keeping your unit on/off along with the fan, but excessive repetition of cycling your unit and fan can weaken the productiveness of the cell.
Can the UV light cause damage to materials present inside the air handler, such as plastic or gaskets?
Yes, it can. It is advisable to keep a distance of 2 feet from elements that are not metal.
How long can the bulb last?
If regularly used, the bulb will last you around 12-13 months, and it is necessary to replace it once the bulb starts wearing off.
Where is the best position to install the unit?
The prime position to install your unit is inside the plenum, next to the air handler. Choosing the correct position will help in the proper distribution of the air.
Going through customer reports is the best and easiest way to decide if you are interested in purchasing a particular product. So let’s see what the users have to say-
“I’m not someone who usually write reviews, but I this time, I had to, especially for the mothers out there who might be facing similar issue. My daughter had pet allergies. We took all sorts of precautions, medications yet couldn’t see any improvement. We then installed two Reme Halo Air Purifier units, and two days later, my daughter started feeling better and is off her medication.”
“If you are someone with essential electrical experience, it will be easy for you to install the unit independently. The instructions for installation were easy to follow along with detailed descriptions on wire color coding was provided. I did not have access to 3″ hole saw, so I had to make do with 4″. I reside in a dry area, which made it hard for me to smell hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), so it was hard to notice any change initially. But after 5 hours of operating the unit, things weren’t the same. The foul odor cause due to my pet is gone and so are the allergies. My family and I are breathing much better.”
“My unit was installed by an HVAC professional in about 20 minutes. I purchased it because my home had a slight odor, and I couldn’t get rid of it. After I turned on the unit, I went out of my house and returned after an hour. I realized the odor was gone and can’t wait to see what this does to my allergies. I am going to purchase another one for my second home.”
“I installed this unit 2 months ago. My wife has been suffering from severe allergies, and due to that, someone introduced Reme Halo to me. Despite of installing Reme Halo, I see no change in her condition nor in the air quality. I change the filter every three months, yet there is no improvement. I’m not saying it doesn’t work as advertised, but it’s not the silver bullet in my situation.”
Alternatives of Reme Halo Air Purifier
It is always good to have other alternative products to provide you the luxury of having options. Hence, presenting you a list of air purifiers that have been curated based on consumer reports:
Nuwave OxyPure Air Purifier
Nuwave Oxypure will not only provide you with clean, healthy air but also better sleep. The product has WiFi facilities, making it a smart air purifier. To top it, it provides advanced filtration and is e-commerce-friendly. Check out my review of Nuwave Oxypure air purifier.
Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier
Allergists have highly recommended Honeywell HPA300, and the product is known to be a true allergen remover due to its HEPA filter. The product helps reduce airborne germs, comes in a compact size, and carbon filters that help reduce odors.
Coway Mighty Air Purifier
Coway Mighty Air Purifier comes with exciting features like auto mode, eco mode, air quality, and filter change indicators. The product uses only a HEPA filter to capture dust, pollen, bacteria, moisture, and dirt. The purifier covers a good amount of area, and you have the option of operating it manually.
I hope this review has helped you look at Reme Halo Air Purifier as an excellent air cleaner; no one should miss out. The product gives actual results as advertised. The cost of the product falls under mid-range, but you can get a reasonable price by using the promo code or coupon the platform has to offer. Make sure you watch out for sale; you might get lucky like me.