Last updated on May 24th, 2023
There aren’t many high-quality air purifiers that can clean air in rooms up to 1500 sq ft. Many air purifiers that have this big number in their title won’t do much to clean air as they do not employ a powerful fan and large air filter.
Some air purifiers also emit dangerously high ozone levels and may lead to sore throat and headaches. For sure, that is not what anyone wants. Air purifiers are meant to improve health by providing clean air for the whole house and not worsen health conditions.
Here I present to you my best HEPA air purifiers for 1500 square feet of space. They all are completely safe to use, no matter what health conditions you have.
All of them also feature medical-grade air filtration to ensure that delivered air is clean from any contaminants. If you suffer from allergies, any air purifier listed here will help you for sure.
Purafil Purashield Smart 1000 Air Purifier
Purafil Purashield Smart 1000 Air Purifier is an expensive, but really powerful air purifier that is capable of cleaning the air in a large house up to 1500 sq. ft.
This air purifier is proven to clean air from:
- Viruses: Influenza H1N1 (99.91%), H7N9 (99.98%), SARS (99.58%).
- Bacteria and fungus: S. aureus (99.95%), E. Coli (99.96%), C. albicans (98.90%), Staphylococcus Albus (93.78%).
- Allergens and irritants;
- Mold, dust, harmful gases, VOCs.
The high rate of air cleaning is achieved with the 4-stage air filtration used in the Purashield Smart 1000. It includes:
- Pre-filter to trap dust and pollen particles, hair and other large airborne contaminants. On average it lasts for 3 months before it needs to be replaced.
- Antimicrobial media kills on contact viruses and bacteria with oxidation and removes toxic and harmful gases from the air.
- PuraWard fiber using copper and silver ions eliminates bacteria, viruses and mold that managed to pass through the previous media.
- The final stage of air cleaning is the large medical-grade HEPA filter. It captures all remaining viruses and bacteria along with allergens and other particulates down to 0.3 microns.
Such a multi-layered system used in the Purafil Purashield Smart 1000 allows for total air cleaning in residential homes, offices, hospitals and schools.
The price tag for the air purifier might scare some of you off, so I’ve listed other air purifiers for 1500 sq. ft. spaces down below. But if you need the ultimate solution against all kinds of air pollutants, this is the best option you can find.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful airflow of up to 845 CFM for superior air cleaning performance.
- Tested and proven to eliminate common viruses, bacteria, allergens, pollen, and irritants.
- Multi-stage filtration with pre-filter, chemical filtration, antimicrobial filter, and HEPA filter.
- Real-time indoor air quality monitoring with feedback on air quality, humidity, and temperature.
- Suitable for sensitive areas like hospitals, schools, and offices.
- Effective against viruses like H1N1, H7N9, and SARS.
- Quiet operation at less than 63 decibels.
- User-friendly dimensions for easy placement.
- Onboard notifications for filter replacements.
KwiKool Bioair+ KBP1800 UV-C HEPA Air Scrubber
KwiKool Bioair+ KBP1800 air scrubber features 3 stage air filtration using pre-filter, HEPA air filter and UVC-light. The latter is known for decades as one of the best methods of killing viruses by exposing them to germicidal radiation.
The KwiKool Bioair+ KBP1800 air purifier is made in the USA. Its 20 gauge stainless steel makes sure the unit will serve for a long time.
This air purifier can also be used as a negative air machine. It has enough power to clean air and provide negative pressure to remove dirty air from the room at the same time.
Its pre-filter is washable, so it doesn’t require a replacement so often. The UVC-light is set to work for at least 1 year before it needs a replacement. The average lifespan for the HEPA filter is 12 months.
The KwiKool Bioair+ KBP1800 can be used in a combination with the 12-inch diameter ceiling kit for ducting.
Pros & Cons
- Versatile indoor air quality control with air purifier and negative air machine functions.
- Medical-grade air cleaning with pre-filter, HEPA filter, and UV-C light eliminating 99.99% of airborne irritants.
- Multiple configurations for customized operation.
- Ideal for hospitals, medical facilities, dental offices, server rooms, and more.
- Sturdy construction with 20-gauge stainless steel and heavy-duty caster wheels.
- Made in the USA.
- Touch screen controls for easy operation.
- Filter alarms and multiple airflow speeds for convenient use.
- Quad directional airflow for comprehensive coverage.
- Washable pre-filter and auto restart feature.
- Optional ceiling mount kit may be required for ducting.
Canarm Air Purifier AP1000
Canarm AP1000 air purifier is another great machine to clean air in large spaces up to 1500 sq. ft. However, it lacks any meaningful way to effectively kill viruses compared to the air purifiers reviewed above.
On the bright side, the Canarm AP1000 features an extremely large pre-filter (measured 24″ x 24″ x 1″, 48 ft. of media) and HEPA filter (24 x 24 x 11.5 inches, 552 ft. of media) with high moisture resistance. This makes them extremely efficient in capturing airborne particulates of any kind down to 0.3 microns.
For reference, these particulates include but are not limited to cooking particles, dust, wood smoke, tobacco smoke, pollen, asbestos, mold spores, sawdust, bacteria, and sneeze droplets.
Basically, everything down to 0.3 micron will be captured by the Canarm AP1000 HEPA filter. Pre-filter also captures hair, pet dander and some other large particles not allowing them to clog up the main filter.
Pros & Cons
- Quiet and effective air cleaning for commercial applications like schools, restaurants, and offices.
- Canadian-made with high-quality construction.
- Two configurations available, delivering up to 1,000 CFM of clean air.
- Pre-filter and HEPA filter combination traps 99.97% – 99.99% of airborne particles.
- Suitable for healthcare settings, schools, airports, and more.
- Variable speed motor allows airflow customization.
- Run time meter provides usage information.
- Keyed access panel for setting preferences and preventing unauthorized changes.
- Can be used with standard outlets.
- No UV Light
Canarm HFB Air Purifier HFB-12
Canarm HFB 12 air purifier is another powerful air cleaner made by Canadian company Canarm. Compared to its portable version, this model is installed in an already existing HVAC system, between the blower entry and exit.
It is capable of delivering clean air in spaces up to 1,744 sq. ft. The system can be installed to purify the air in the whole house, offices, school rooms, hospitals, restaurants, stores and basements.
As with the previously reviewed air purifier, the HFB 12 uses a HEPA air filter to filter out dangerous particles down to 0.3 micron. The base version lacks a pre-filter, but it can be purchased for $32 only.
To sum it up, the Purafil is simply the best for 1500 sq. ft. rooms as it features several stages of air filtration with each stage targeting specific airborne contaminants.
The KwiKool is slightly less powerful but still great in removing both particles and viruses as it features the HEPA air filter and UVC-Light.
Lastly, both Canarm air purifiers are extremely powerful in filtering everything down to 0.3 micron which is basically anything you can think of. The only downside they have is the lack of virus particles treatment, as these particles are below 0.3 micron in size.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful air cleaner designed to be installed in existing HVAC systems.
- Canadian-made product by Canarm.
- Utilizes a HEPA air filter to remove particles as small as 0.3 micron.
- Can be enhanced with an optional pre-filter for improved filtration.
- Canarm models lack specific treatment for virus particles, which are smaller than 0.3 micron.
- Air Purifier for 3000 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 2500 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 2000 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 1200 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 1000 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 800 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 600 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 500 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 300 Square Feet