Last updated on June 13th, 2023
What is the best air purifier for 1000 sq. ft. space? This is not an easy answer as there several great options to pick from.
I have listed these HEPA air purifiers down below; some of them are really, really good at filtering everything out from the air (including bacteria!), but they come at a price. Others are way cheaper, but they are excellent in the specific tasks, like cleaning air from odors and gases, for example.
High airflow. The Airdog X8 is capable of moving high volumes of air every minute, resulting in large area coverage. This air purifier cleans air in 1000 sq. ft. from all germs, bacteria and odors in just 20 minutes!
Washable TPA filters. They are made to capture ultra-fine particles down to 0.0146 microns, meaning even the tiniest viruses are going to get trapped inside. The filter is washable and recyclable: it won’t pollute the environment as a regular HEPA air filter.
Maintenance costs are very low thanks for the washable filter. If the Airdog X8 runs 12 hours per day on a maximum speed, it will result in only 70 dollars spent on electricity bills yearly.
Smart features. The Airdog X8 comes with a lot of additional features like:
- Auto mode. X8 has an in-built particle sensor that automatically adjusts the speed based on number of airborne pollutants present in the air.
- Sleep mode. In this operation mode the air purifier produces even less noise than on a slowest speed.
- Child lock. Locking the display to prevent accidental change of settings.
The Airdog X8 comes with a remote control for more convenient control of air cleaning operation.
Unfortunately, despite its size the manufacturer didn’t introduced casters, so moving it around isn’t the easiest task. But that’s t
The Airdog X8 is great air purifier for the whole house of 1000 sq. ft. or an extra-large living room of the same size. You don’t want to run the air purifier at a maximum speed for the whole time, as it doesn’t make sense. After the initial cleaning the air purifier should be run at medium – low speeds.
And at the lower speeds this air cleaner produces quiet white noise, allowing for watching TV and other activities. It doesn’t make disturbing noises like some other models and can be run at night.
The Airdog X8 is equally good at filtering from germs, pollen, dust, smoke and other odors from the air, as well as bacteria and viruses. 5-stage air filtration uses both mechanical and electric filtration. In combination, it provides great results in cleaning and freshening the air.
If you are wondering whether it would help you with allergies, the answer is yes. The Pro XL is known to capture various allergens from the air with its powerful air cleaning system.
In addition, the Blueair Pro XL is completely ozone-free. It is a great news for asthmatics that has very low tolerance for even slightly higher ozone levels.
Pros & Cons
- Nanoscale Active Filtration for thorough air cleaning.
- TPA Filter with superior filtration compared to HEPA filters.
- Ideal for large spaces, effectively capturing and eliminating airborne contaminants.
- Comprehensive air quality detection with multiple parameters.
- Quiet operation with multiple speed options.
- Sometimes app doesn’t function properly
- WiFi connection sometimes weak
Medify Air MA-112
Medify Air MA-112 is a popular air purifier that comes with a high CADR rating, large filters and is capable of removing dog hair, smells, allergens, bacteria, dust, toxins and other chemicals from a 1000 square feet area with ease. It is designed by the Medify company and these guys are known for making affordable and high quality air purifiers.
This air cleaning unit comes with a powerful motor that sucks in the air inside, where it passes through a combination of HEPA and Carbon filters which are extremely effective in removing tiny particles and smells from the area. In addition, the air purifier has an optional ionizer that freshens the air as well.
The unit is equipped with a PM2.5 sensor which enables Auto mode to regulate the speed in addition to the 4 speeds that can be selected manually. Among other functions, there is sleep mode, 0-8 hr. timer, child lock and filter replacement indicator (on average, the filters must be replaced every 4 to 5 months). The unit covers 1050 sq. ft. areas at 4.8 air changes per hour, 1200 sq. ft. at four or 2500 at two.
Pros & Cons
- Affordable compared to other air purifiers
- Maximum coverage for extra-large rooms
- Dual HEPA H13 filtration removes 99.7% of harmful particles
- Ultra-quiet operation with multiple fan speeds
- Easy-to-use features with a range of settings and indicators
- Lifetime warranty (see below)
- Somewhat expensive maintenance with required filter replacements
- Warranty voided if filters are not replaced as recommended
Blueair Pro XL
If you are a heavy smoker or tired from dust floating all around in your 1000 sq. ft. house or room, then there is a solution. It is called Blueair XL Pro air purifier from the well-known Blueair company.
Take a look at this numbers:
- Tobacco Smoke CADR: >600 CFM
- Dust CADR: >600 CFM
- Pollen CADR: >450 CFM
These are not some made-up numbers, but verified by the AHAM – Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers which independently tests and proves air purifiers. The Blueair XL Pro went through these tests and it was marked as an air purifier with the highest tested CADR ratings for smoke and dust.
“What it means?”, you may ask. It means that the Blueair Pro XL can deliver of over 600 cubic feet of air per minute clean from tobacco smoke and dust every minute. Using this simple air changes per hour calculator you can calculate for yourself how fast it cleans air from the pollutants in a 1000 square feet space. It’s just 13 minutes!
In addition, the optional SmokeStop filter can be installed on the Pro XL, granting an additional protection from smoke particles.
If you think that the Blueair Pro XL is only good at removing tobacco smoke or dust from the air then you are wrong. This air purifier uses three HEPASilent filters (~$70 each) to filter out particles as small as 0.1 micron in size with 99.97% efficiency.
For the reference, the smallest virus particles are 0.1 micron in size and bacteria are 0.3 micron and bigger. That means just one thing: the Blueair Pro XL is capable of cleaning air not from any “conventional” pollutants like smoke, pollen, dust, but from VOCs, gases, mold, germs, bacteria and viruses.
In the end, the Pro XL is the best HEPA air purifier for 1000 sq. ft. that you can find on the market right now. The only issue with this monster machine is the price – it’s over 2 thousand USD. But that’s the price for the high-quality air purifier – it’s either pay much and get good, or better to not pay at all as a cheaper options won’t do anything at all.
Pros & Cons
- True HEPA performance captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants
- German-engineered fans provide quiet yet powerful operation
- Professional and sleek Swedish design for various settings
- Advanced filter media and particle-charging chamber deliver fast and efficient air cleaning
- Suitable for large work environments between 1000-1200 square feet
- Enclosure quality and panel resonance is not the best.
- Sensitivity of air quality sensor may lead to unexpected high-speed operation.
Airpura F600 is another option to consider if you are looking for a 1000 sq. ft. air purifier. It is available in Black, Cream and White and comes with 2 options: 18-pound Activated Carbon and 26 pounds.
The Airpura F600 is way more affordable when compared to the previously reviewed Blueair XL Pro, but it has it’s own pros if we do not take price into consideration.
First and foremost, the F600 has an extremely large Carbon filters: 18 and 26 pounds. To put into perspective, usually the amount of activated carbon is limited to a few pounds. And the thing is, the more activated carbon is present in the filter, the more odor is getting absorb down the road.
This large Carbon filter makes the F600 very effective in absorbing all kinds of odors from the house. Combined with high airflow, it leaves no way out for various gases, VOCs and smells except to get absorbed by the filter.
Secondly, all three filters (pre-filter, HEPA and Carbon) are very well designed and built to last way longer that 90% of today’s filters. Pre-filter can last up to 12 months, HEPA to 5 years and Carbon to 2 years.
Long lifespan of the filters means maintenance costs for the Airpura F600 is super low. The only thing that will require expenditures would be electrical bills for running the air purifier, but they are limited to 70 dollars per year as the F600 uses only 120 Watts of power at a maximum speed.
In the end, the F600 is another powerful yet affordable air purifier for 1000 sq. ft. spaces. It may not be as great as the Airdog X8 or the Blueair Pro XL, but one of the best when it comes to cleaning air from odors, chemicals and smoke.
Pros & Cons
- Extra-large carbon filtration for maximum protection from formaldehyde and VOCs.
- Available in black, white, and cream to suit room aesthetics.
- Unique pressure seal ensures all dirty air passes through filters without leakage.
- Three-stage filtration system with pre-filter, carbon bed, and HEPA filter.
- Eco-friendly design with PCB-free capacitors, zero off-gassing, and all-metal housing.
- Variable speed motor and quiet purification.
- 5-year warranty on parts.
- Replacement filters are long-lasting, yet expensive
Enviroklenz Medical Source Capture System
Enviroklenz Medical/Dental Source Capture System is a commercial and industrial solution for 1000 square feet spaces. This air purifier can purify and sanitize the selected area dur to its 3 stage air cleaning system.
- At the first stage the air gets through the Enviroklenz air cartridge that removes particles down to 0.025 micron from the air with 99.9% success rate.
- At the next stage the remaining particles are captured by the medical-grade HEPA air filter.
- The third stage includes two 9-watt germicidal lamps that expose viruses and bacteria trapped by the filter to UV germicidal irradiation that is proven to inactivate viruses and bacteria.
After all these steps, the air released by the Enviroklenz is free from germs, bacteria, viruses, dust, pollen and other pollutants usually present in the air.
The air purifier is equipped with 4 casters which makes it really easy to move around and with just 10$ per month in operation costs this air cleaner is very cheap to maintain. The air cartridge has to be replaced every 6 months whereas UVC-lights and HEPA filter have a lifespan of 18 months.
Pros & Cons
- Designed specifically for commercial and industrial spaces up to 1000 square feet.
- Three-stage air cleaning system for thorough purification and sanitation.
- Enviroklenz air cartridge removes particles as small as 0.025 micron with a high success rate.
- Medical-grade HEPA air filter captures remaining particles effectively.
- Germicidal lamps with UV germicidal irradiation inactivate viruses and bacteria trapped by the filter.
- Is not suitable for residential use or smaller areas.
- Replacement of the air cartridge, UVC lights, and HEPA filter is required periodically, adding to maintenance costs.
- Air Purifier for 3000 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 2500 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 2000 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 1500 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 1200 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 800 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 600 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 500 Square Feet
- Air Purifier for 300 Square Feet