Last updated on May 29th, 2022
There are several reasons why should you run your air purifier 24/7:
- To keep the air clean from various allergens it’s recommended to run an air purifier 24/7. This ensures a constant protection from allergens.
- Majority of air purifiers are low energy cost, so running the appliance won’t cost much in electricity bills. Here’s an energy consumption calculator.
- It’s completely safe, as air purifiers designed to run continuously without a break for months. The only break they need is a filter change.
- Air purifiers on low settings are either very quiet, basically inaudible, so they won’t bother you even at night. I often run my bedroom air purifier at night at it doesn’t bother me at all.
- They are protected from short circuits, so you can safely leave your air cleaner on 24/7.
- Air purifiers are a source of clean air that is somewhat hard to get in a polluted city or areas close to highway.
If you are not agreeing on this, welcome to the comment section 🙂
My name is Alex Evans and I own this website. I have been in air purifier industry for several years now and nowadays I write about air purifiers, their features, benefits and downsides. Cheers!
2 thoughts on “Should You Run Air Purifier 24/7?”
Hi Alex, Sounds like you are very knowledgeable about the air purifiers out there. I got wrapped up in selling for GreenTech years ago and ended up with 2 of the GT3000 units. And I agree, they’re a pain in the **s to clean. I was living on a boat that had mold in impossible to reach places and the GT3000 killed the mold…I was impressed. I now have two NON WORKING units, don’t know why, they just stopped working. One a few years ago, one just recently. Looking at the Enerzen Ozone Generator you review makes me think I should just toss the GT3000’s and buy one of the Enerzen’s, as I have no idea how to find someone to do any repairs. So, thought I’d ask your advice. If you have any insight or suggestions, I’d love to hear from you. It was a heavy investment for me, the thought of ‘tossing’ out $1200 worth of air purifiers is painful. 🙂
Please let me know what your thoughts are. Thank you in advance!
Enerzen is great, it should work for you. But as any an ozone generator it must be operated in unoccupied spaces only.