Last updated on June 2nd, 2022
Honeywell HPA300 is the most popular Honeywell air purifier available today. It features reasonable price, easy in use, has a good performance and filters. But what about cleaning the unit? In this article I will provide you with necessary steps on how to clean HPA300 air purifier.
But before we get to the main point of this guide, let me make myself clear: we are not going to clean or wash any HPA300’s filter. Both filters (Activated Carbon and True HEPA) are not designed to be washed and if any amount of water get on them, they deteriorate and lose their capabilities. If your filters worn out you have to replace them. More information on that you can find in my Honeywell HPA300 review.
How to Clean Honeywell Air Purifier HPA300
These are simple steps which will help you to clean the unit without a hassle:
- Turn off and unplug the air purifier from the power source.
- Use the dry cloth to wipe the unit’s external surface.
- Remove the front grille by pressing the two hand symbols and pull it towards you.
- Replace the filters if they are worn out. Remember, activated carbon filter designed to work approximately 3 months whereas the Honeywell True HEPA filter can be used up to 12 months. Indicators placed on top of the HPA300 should let you know when change filters.
- After you released the filters, use the dry (not wet!!!) cloth to wipe internal surface of the unit to clean it from remaining dust, hair etc.
- Now install the new filters and put the grille back again.
I repeat, do not use water, wax polish or any other chemicals. It may be dangerous for you, the air purifier or filters.
Regular cleaning not only helps to maintain Honeywell filter’s lifespan but also helps the air purifiers to catch harmful particles in your home. It is recommended to perform cleaning procedures every 3 months to keep breathing fresh air.