Last updated on May 29th, 2022
Air filters on Blueair Blue Pure air purifiers are made to last for 5-6 month maximum. After their lifespan expires, they need to be replaced with a new air filter. Here are links to the genuine replacement filters:
- Blue Pure 411 replacement filter – works on all 411 models: 411, 411+, 411 Auto and MINI
- Blue Pure 211 Auto replacement filter – fits only 211 Auto model!
- Blue Pure 211+ replacement filter – fits both 211+ and Max air purifiers
- Blue Pure 311 replacement filter – works on 311 Auto
- Blue Pure 121 replacement filter – fits model 121
After you have a replacement filter, replace the old with a new one. NOTE: Before replacing the filter turn off the unit and disconnect it from a power source!
After you have successfully installed the new air filter, follow these steps:
- Turn on the air purifier.
- Filter indicator will shine red. It’s ok!
- To reset the Blueair Blue Pure air purifier 411, 211, 311, 121, etc. press and hold the main (in some cases “filter”) button for 10 seconds.
- After the light goes off you can continue using your Blueair air cleaner.
Note again: it’s not always the filter – see Red Light on Blueair air purifiers to understand what red color could mean.
Hopefully, this guide on resetting the filter light was helpful for you. If you have any questions, I will gladly answer them in the comments section.
My name is Alex Evans and I own this website. I have been in air purifier industry for several years now and nowadays I write about air purifiers, their features, benefits and downsides. Cheers!
5 thoughts on “How to Reset Blueair Blue Pure Air Purifier”
the red light is stil on after changing the air filter and reset the buttion on top
The blue light on the stays on, but the lights on top stays red what do I need to do?
God morning – I recently replaced the core filter to the 411 and washed the exterior filter. Currently no light is on. I can feel a faint current of air on top. Does this mean it is working properly?
I replaced my Blueair 411 with a new filter last month, just before it was due. Today, I noticed the top lights were all red and the unit was not functioning.
I read the manual and looked at the the blueair website and did not find a solution. I had just replaced the filter, so I can’t be a warning or clog or malfunction, right?
I googled and found this site. Looked through and there is the solution:
Press and hold the center button for ten seconds.
This worked and it is now reset.
If this is a problem for you, just try that.
Hope this helps.